Up For Grabs

3.08.2010

The Pleasure Of Having Friends

My weekend was a blast. I had a truly memorable and very fun weekend with my friends. Well, I am actually a friendly person; some of my friends would even call me Miss Congeniality. ahaha. We played paintball and then stayed overnight at the beach. The memories we had will always be remembered even without those photos to attest for it (but of course, taking pictures should not be forgotten as much as possible). And it wasn't the first time that we had fun at the beach. Everytime we bond, great memories and stronger friendship are always made to last. 

It really feels great to have wonderful friends. Friends whom you can become stupid with, and friends you can always have fun with no matter how fierce the storm is. When it comes to friendship, I am really an open and caring person. Only my friends know what kind of person I am. And I can never live in this damn world without those friends I know would always accept me for who I am.

I know the same goes for everyone else (or for most people, that is). No man is an island; indeed. Nobody can ever call himself a happy person without even just a single close friend. There is always a time in our lives that we would need a friend's presence.

For that, let me share to you some quotes on friendship which really captured my heart:
 
 
Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.

The sharing of joy, whether physical, emotional, psychic, or intellectual, forms a bridge between the sharers which can be the basis for understanding much of what is not shared between them, and lessens the threat of their difference.

A faithful friend is a strong defense: and he that hath found such an one hath found a treasure. (Ecclesiasticus 6:14)

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

True friendship consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and value.

=> And here are some of my favorite friendship-related quotes made by famous people (writers, poets, etc.) 

"Have no friends not equal to yourself." 
- Confucious
"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson 

"If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair."
- Samuel Johnson 

"My friends are my estate."
- Emily Dickinson 
"Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant."
- Socrates
"A true friend stabs you in the front."
- Oscar Wilde 
"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with."
- Mark Twain 

"Thus nature has no love for solitude, and always leans, as it were, on some support; and the sweetest support is found in the most intimate friendship."
- Cicero 

"Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods."
- Artistotle 

"My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me."
- Henry Ford

"Never shall I forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours."
- Ludwig van Beethoven 

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
- Helen Keller

0 comments: