Up For Grabs

3.12.2010

Be Thy Thankful

There are so many things to be grateful for, especially nowadays that a lot of calamities are making our lives more miserable. not everyone is blessed with a good life; only few families can actually say that they are happy and contented. The rest of the world id crying in pain and suffering. Either the fluctuating economy is to be blamed or the effects of our neglect and abuse to out Mother Earth. But really, blaming or pointing fingers can never solve anything; instead, it would only worsen the case and cause further dilemmas.

I am, honestly, one of those people who tend to forget giving thanks for all the blessings I'm enjoying. I tend to get overwhelmed of all the good things happening to my life that I end up not having the sufficient time to meditate and call unto Him. Of course, for that, I feel so guilty and not deserving. But nevertheless, God knows how thankful I am for having a kind of life which is far better than those who are suffering in Haiti and the rest of the poor and in a state-of-calamity areas.

 I thank Him for each and wonderful day that He's given me and His mercy despite our complaints and discontentment. I am thankful for each new day, that which if it never came, I am sure to regret. We can never tell what's going to happen next in our lives. Maybe n just a matter of minutes, your heart would suddenly stop beating without the reasons that any physicians could ever explain. Scary, is it not?

Death is inevitable. Thus, we all should learn how to cherish each and every moment. Make the best out of everything. Always be thankful for all the blessings no matter how small or simple they appear to be. And as much as possible, be a bleassing to the needy. No matter how small the favor you are doing for others, in the eyes of the Lord, you are highly-praised and appreciated. So be thy thankful while you still can.

0 comments: