Up For Grabs

3.12.2010

Places I'd Really Want To Go


Is there a person out there who hates traveling? Aren't you dreaming of going to places like countries with marvelous sceneries and tourist spots? Well, I am one of the many people who have been aspiring to travel all over the world. And I really drool whenever I see some folks happily spending their vacation on various places I'd really love to go to. But of course, I'm not that rich to be able to do that anytime I wanted to. However, when given the chance, I'd surely grab the opportunity and travel even to just one of the following places or countries:


Well, who doesn't want to visit France? Or Paris for an instance? Perhaps France is one of the most beautiful and fulfilling places to pay a visit to. Paris is even referred to as the most romantic city in the entire world. And France is the first tourist destination that would surely come in mind to many tourists looking for a place to spend a grand vacation. Many would die just to go there. I'd kill for that LOL. In fact, I really wish that I'd be given a chance to go to France; even just to give a quick peek. :D

Why tour to France? Geesh, there are loads of reasons why you should definitely go there, especially if you have all the means. Aren't you stunned and curious about the famous Eiffel Tower? And even if you are not fond of going to museums or libraries, the Louvre would certainly catch your interests. Since I adore breathtaking architecture and landmarks, I'd never dare pass the Cathedral of Notre Dame without taking pictures of it or roaming around in this Gothic style church. Besides, French cuisine is thought to be the best in the world; wont you really give it a try?


Italy, in itself, is one spectacular country to visit. Such country is the cradle of European culture and diverse people; it is also the birthplace of the "Renaissance". Italy is the home of many famous artists such as Da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Raphael and Bernini. When it comes to architecture, art, culture, religion and literature, Italy is rich in every aspect. Rome, Milan and Venice are just some of its beautiful cities you shouldn't miss. And hey, haven't you heard of The Vatican City?

I am particularly in loved with Rome. Just who among you doesn't want to explore the "capital of the world" or the so-called Eternal City? The architecture and many forms of art exhibited there are just jaw-breaking that coming to such place would always leave you with the widest grin and a boastful aura. Just tell me who can say no to going to "the greatest of all churches of Christendom" which is the St. Peter's Basilica? And who on earth would close his eyes to the wonders of the Roman Colosseum, the Sistine Chapel, the Leaning Tower Of Pisa, the Bridge of Angels and the St. Peter's Square? Man, I could roam all throughout the Rome for days without much sleep and yet would always want to keep coming back. 

Greece

Ahhh.. just the sight of Greece, also known as Hellas, in many photos is already making me drool LOL. But can you really not include Greece in your list of "places I'd really want to go just before I die?" I just cant get my eyes off the serene beauty of the magnificent and glorious that is Greece. Athens is perhaps the most famous tourist spot in Greece and people would usually go sneak a peak at Parthenon.

Ancient Greece is considered to be the cradle of the Western civilization and the birthplace of democracy; the modern Greece has become the official Hellenic Republic. Greece is full of fantastic forms of history and literature as well as philosophy and sports; from the Olympic Games to the Greek mythology and many famous scientific and mathematical principles, you can name them all. And hey, have you forgotten about Alexander the Great? Greece is one of the most mountainous countries in Europe. And this is where you can find the so-called throne of the Gods or the focal point of the Greek culture, the Mt. Olympus.

0 comments: