Up For Grabs

3.05.2010

Your Purpose In Life


Do you know what your purpose in life is? Have you already realize the point of your existence in this world? Do you know why we are here? What is our purpose? Why were you born? Don’t you think there is a unique reason why you are brought into this world? Why were you given life? Is there something that you can do for the benefit of many?

Perhaps you have also found yourself asking these questions. Or maybe, your teacher, friend or even a stranger made this inquiry to you. Do you have a concrete and confident answer? Many people say that a life without cause is a life without effect. If you don’t know what your purpose in living, then you are likely to live a dull kind of life. Though that may be true, I think it still depends on the way you live your life whether you know your purpose or not. 

I myself, is like a directionless sail or a lost lamb. I can always find myself wondering why the hell I am here. And until now, I still don’t know the real answer. What I know is that I live for today. And though I may be looking forward to another day, what matters to me the most is that I am able to enjoy each day. Live without regrets. Live life to the fullest. Find joy even in the smallest and simplest of things. Dream and laugh as much as you can.

Becoming a blessing to other people, especially to those who are in need, is perhaps one of our responsibilities while we are living in this world. To be of assistance to others may be one of our purposes. To enhance the world’s natural resources and not fully destroy it as well as to do things which can benefit both the humankind and Mother Earth – these are the most neglected acts that all of us ought to do.

You are not here simply to quench your thirst for fun. Your job or businesses and your money are not the only things you greatly need, especially now that a lot of calamites are making people all over the world suffer. While you are busy worrying where to spend your money, some people are shedding their blood and sweat just to be able to feed their families a single meal. So no matter how little you have, always be contented and feel grateful about it. Compare your situation with others before you go asking for more.

It seems like I’m not really hitting the point. But these are my thoughts for today. I am getting disturbed, worried and afraid of all the things happening in this world right now. Yet, I still don’t know what my purpose is. I want to help those who are terribly suffering yet I cant even fulfil even the simplest of things. I know I am way too much blessed than other people; so maybe that’s why I feel guilty. It’s never easy to define anyone’s purpose in this world. For me, it doesn’t really matter, as long as you try to live without bringing forth harm to other people, you deserve to live.   

0 comments: