Up For Grabs

1.04.2013

Be Better, Not Bitter :)

Indeed, you're the only one who's going to suffer if you keep on sulking over trivial matters. So instead of allowing bitterness and loneliness take over your life, why don't you embrace the fact that nothing's ever going to change unless you do something to become a better person? This has been my preach to myself...


Now that it's a new year, we are all given a new chance to either start a new life or improve what we already have. I am quite certain that there are lots in store for each of us this new year. All we have to do is harness that latent drive to do better.

I have been feeling so down before 2012 ended. But this new year, I have firmly decided to make a difference. I know I can't do this on my own. I need God's grace, mercy and love. Nevertheless, I'm sure He will always provide.

Several painful events have made my heart more protective and cynical. Sure enough, I haven't moved on yet from some of those things which I never saw coming. But maybe I've become weaker or more comfortable with the fact that I have a lot of people who are so good to me. I have forgotten that people change, and that they will come and go. Even so, I will not lose faith in my being a people-person. Just lessen ties, maybe.

Now there are so many reasons for me to smile and be happy... so why would I continue to entertain negative vibes? This new year, I will surely be better. I hope the same goes for you all, especially for those who feel taken for granted. Be the change that you want to see in humanity.


0 comments: