Up For Grabs

12.30.2012

Studio Ghibli - Totoro Collection

Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli will always be an important part of my being a kid-at-heart. I bet a lot of people, especially anime/animation/cartoon fans know what I'm talking about. And although I'm not that addicted to all of Miyazaki's animation movies *winks*, I just can't stop digging into what Studio Ghibli can offer. Fortunately, such animation studio has a lot in store for their ardent fans who are always in the lookout for more.

I have been pensive about the thought of visiting the studio's museum in Japan (of course). I know it's never impossible. But someday, soon... maybe. Why not? hehe After all, Japan is a place I've always been dreaming to explore. If only I don't have to strive learning for a new/different language.

My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke and Ponyo are just some of my favorites from Miyazaki's studio. When I watched them again together with my siblings and niece, I just couldn't help but think of collecting plush toys and other collectibles of each movie's characters.

Imagine how my heart did some somersaults and cartwheels upon seeing this:


I'm not a Lego enthusiast; so somehow, I'm not 'that' captivated by this concept. But a lot of fascinating ideas came to mind when I stumbled upon this setup. *smugs*

This, on the other hand, just made me delirious and envious. To think it's only/mostly a Totoro collection... It could've been more begrudging if the owner also possess other SG collectibles. *swoons*


 When can I ever enjoy this kind of collection? I bet I'd really go broke if I just follow my instincts. But well, I'm a *coughs* responsible *coughs* kind of person. Hence, deal with the priorities before anything else. Nevertheless, I have practical ideas on how to come up with my own SG collection along with my fave anime and the like. I will surely share my works of art, if I could ever find the time and resources to do so.

0 comments: